Who we are
Carpe Diem Self Defence is the trading name of Carpe Diem Self Defence Limited. We take your privacy very seriously and as such have laid out the following privacy notice in line with the General Data Protection Regulation 2018.
By attending our classes, using our website or any of our services you agree to be bound by the policies set out in this privacy notice. We are fully committed to protecting the privacy and safeguarding the use of your personal information and we will look to keep this privacy notice updated. The latest version is published on this page, therefore please check here regularly to review any amendments. The latest update was on 23/05/18.
Why we gather data
We gather and use certain information about individuals in order to provide products and services and to enable certain functions on this website.
We also collect information to better understand how visitors use this website and to present timely, relevant information to them.
What data we gather
We may collect the following information:
- Name and job title
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information, such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Website usage data
- Other information relevant to client enquiries
- Other information pertaining to special offers and surveys
How we use this data
Collecting this data helps us understand what you are looking from the company, enabling us to deliver improved products and services.
Specifically, we may use data:
- For our own internal records.
- To improve the products and services we provide.
- To carry out our obligations in relation to any agreement or contract you have with us.
- To contact you in response to a specific enquiry.
- To verify your identity.
- To customise the website for you.
- To send you promotional emails about products, services, offers and other things we think might be relevant to you, and only if you choose to receive them.
- To contact you via email, telephone or mail for market research reasons.
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer’s hard drive. It enables our website to identify your computer as you view different pages on our website.
Cookies allow websites and applications to store your preferences in order to present content, options or functions that are specific to you. They also enable us to see information like how many people use the website and what pages they tend to visit.
- Analyse our web traffic using an analytics package. Aggregated usage data helps us improve the website structure, design, content and functions.
- Test content on our website. For example, 50% of our users might see one piece of content, the other 50% a different piece of content.
- Store information about your preferences. The website can then present you with information you will find more relevant and interesting.
- To recognise when you return to our website. We may show your relevant content, or provide functionality you used previously.
Cookies do not provide us with access to your computer or any information about you, other than that which you choose to share with us.
However, please note that doing this may affect how our website functions. Some pages and services may become unavailable to you.
To learn more about cookies and how they are used, visit All About Cookies.
Controlling information about you
When you fill in a form or provide your details on our website, you will see one or more tick boxes allowing you to opt-in to receive marketing communications from us by email, telephone, text message or post.
If you have agreed that we can use your information for marketing purposes, you can change your mind easily, via one of these methods:
- Click on the unsubscribe links in our marketing emails.
- Send an email to [email protected].
You may also contact us directly to request information about what data of yours is recorded by us, how it is stored and what it is. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to us. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if you feel your privacy has been violated. In general we retain and process personal data for a reasonable period following initial enquiry, purchase or the lapsing of an account with us. Certain records such as health screening forms may be retained for a longer period, in line with fulfilling contractual obligations of due care to our customers and visitors, in line with industry standards.
We will not share your data with any third party other than those utilised in the running of our business or if legally obligated to do so. Selected partners (processors) may be utilised to perform tasks including but not limited to: processing payments, making bookings, marketing, accounting and account management – we agree terms with all our partners to ensure that they each comply with high levels of confidentiality and best practice in privacy and security standards in line with the General Data Protection Regulation 2018.
We will always hold your information securely.
To prevent unauthorised disclosure or access to your information, we have implemented strong physical and electronic security safeguards.
We also follow stringent procedures to ensure we work with all personal data in line with the General Data Protection Regulation 2018.
Third party sites, apps and services
Our website may contain links to other websites.
Please note that we have no control of websites outside the www.carpediemselfdefence.com domain. If you provide information to a website to which we link, we are not responsible for its protection and privacy.
Always be wary when submitting data to websites. Read the site’s data protection and privacy policies fully.
We advise Members and visitors to ensure that if they are to take photos or record video on the premises, that no other individual appears in the footage. We do occasionally arrange filming or photographs for use on our Social Media or other communications. All due care will be taken to ensure that no one appears in filming or content created by us without expressing consent to be included. If you find you do appear in error, and would like an image or video of you to be removed from our Social Media channels or communication please contact us immediately.
Disclosing your information to others
Other than the disclosures referred to in this policy, we will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.